There are many methods for soaking fishmaw. The steaming method is the easiest and least failure for beginners
The process is: Steam 10 minutes- soaking in water for a day- washing;
This soaking method is a combination of our many years of fishmaw experience and the method taught by the chef of a high-end Cantonese hotel~ Especially suitable for beginners
1) Prepare a plate and put the fishmaw on the plate. After the water is boiled, put the whole plate of fishmaw inside (Note: Do need to wash, steam directly, so it will not be over steamed easily)
2)Put some ginger slices on the fishmaw
3) Pour an appropriate amount of rice wine onto each fishmaw (about half a bowl of wine, wine is not necessary, you can skip it if don’t have it at home ~ The role of cooking wine is to help remove the fishy, the chefs of Cantonese restaurants will basically use it~
4) These fishmaw size is 23 heads, steamed for 5-10 minutes (If smaller sizes, steam for 3- 5 minutes. Bigger size and thicker, then steam for 20-30 minutes)
5) The steamed fishmaw will be shrink, immediately put in the ice water to cool down and lock the collagen and taste (Cantonese restaurants generally use ice cubes directly)
6) Change the cold water and add more water, and keep it in the refrigerator for more than 24 hours
7)This is the status of steaming for 10 minutes and soaking in the refrigerator for a day. The feels very elastic and the taste will be smooth.
8)Be sure to clean the blood, dust particles, and cleaning the fishmaw. The blood is clean, the fishy smell is reduced.
9)Wash the fishmaw thoroughly, cut it, and use it for stewing or cooking. if it is soaked too much and you can’t finish eating it, you can store in the freezer layer of the refrigerator. Best eaten within half a year.